The Purchasing Department is a unit of the Division of Administration and Finance reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance. It consists of the Purchasing Office and Accounts Payable Office. The Purchasing Department is responsible for procuring and disposition of all commodities and services for the University.
The mission of the Western Carolina University Purchasing Department is to support the central mission of the University by providing an efficient and effective procurement program in accordance with applicable State and University policies and rules. This mission is accomplished by providing the supplies, equipment and services required by University faculty and staff when they are needed to accomplish their instruction, research, public service and support program activities. The commitment of the Purchasing Department to realizing optimum return in goods and services for each dollar spent in the procurement process contributes to the resources available to accomplish the University’s mission.
- WCU MarketPlace - our preferred vendors - start here when purchasing for WCU
- WCU P-Card - a credit card for WCU purchasing
- Policies and Procedures Manual
- Hard Copy Requisition Form
- 911 Addresses for Buildings
- NC General Contract Terms and Conditions
- NC General Contract Terms and Conditions - Services
Debarred Federal and State Vendors
Vendors who have been barred from doing business by the Federal or State Government. WCU cannot purchase from these vendors.