Skip to main content

Trademarks and Licensing

The Western Carolina University name along with our university and athletic logos are trademarked by WCU. With that in mind, use of the name or marks on any merchandise for sale or distribution by university units or outside entities requires approval through Creative Services. (Please also note that any university unit wishing to sell merchandise should contact the WCU legal office for guidelines and limitations.)

All merchandise approvals are managed through our third-party licensing vendor, Learfield Licensing Partners. Retailers, product vendors and manufacturers should seek licensure through Learfield, and all artwork should be submitted through Learfield's online portal.

Become a Licensed Vendor

Licensed Vendors

University units looking to purchase promotional products or apparel featuring the university name or logo should utilize licensed vendors. A list of nearby licensed vendors is included below. If a particular product is needed that cannot be supplied by a licensed university vendor, or if another vendor can offer a significant cost savings to the unit, please contact University Marketing before placing your order or working with the vendor on artwork. This will ensure the vendor has the correct artwork and guidelines before proceeding and avoid a redesign at the end of the process!

See all our licensed vendors

Become a Licensed Vendor

If you are a retailer looking to sell Western Carolina University branded merchandise, we would love to hear from you! There is no cost to you to be able to sell our brand in your store. Please contact us to express interest!

Manufacturers and vendors hoping to apply the Western Carolina University name or mark to merchandise for sale, either as wholesale or retail merchandise or by special order, should go through the application process through Learfield at WCU charges a 10 percent royalty fee for all branded merchandise, and manufacturers must submit all artwork for approval through Learfield's online portal. Special arrangements may be made for artists and crafters in the Western North Carolina region wishing to produce small volumes of handmade work and/or local businesses seeking approval for temporary sales of a specialty product. To request an exemption, please contact us.

Office of Web Services