Employment with the Campus Recreation and Wellness department means you are helping
your fellow students enjoy the various sports, fitness programs, and outdoor activities
offered at WCU.
Please review the requirements and job descriptions for each position as several positions
have certification requirements that are a condition of either hire or employment.
If it is a condition of hire, then the applicant must already have the certification
at the time of application submission. If it is a condition of employment, if hired
the applicant must have the certification by the first day on the job.
Spring 2022 Hiring Process
Campus Recreation & Wellness has moved toward a hiring process that resembles what
students face after they graduate from WCU. We hope applicants learn how to prepare
their professional documents (cover letter, resume), how to interview in various forums,
and how to represent themselves in a professional setting.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply for all student employment jobs at WCU online through Human
Resources. Each candidate will be required to upload a current resume, cover letter
and copies of their certifications.
Below are the steps to take to apply online:
- Navigate to jobs.wcu.edu
- Select the button "Log In" on the left side toolbar
- Select the purple button "Current Employee and Student Log In" and enter your WCU
- Once logged in, select "Search Student Jobs" on the left side toolbar.
- Select the job title that you are applying for.
- Select "Apply for this Job" at top of the screen.
- Complete the application and hit submit.
For more information, please contact Campus Recreation & Wellness at (828) 227.7069
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Open: Monday, October 11th
- The multi-round process begins with an application period, where applicants can submit
their application (see How to Apply Section above).
- Applications are accepted until Thursday, October 28th. CRW will be hiring for the
- Intramural Sports Official
- Adventure Shop Specialist
- Climbing Wall Technician
- Fitness Assistant
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Recreation Assistant
- Personal Trainer
- Marketing and Graphic Design
- See the Complete List of Job Descriptions when you log into jobs.wcu.edu
- The CRW Hiring Committee will grade and rank applicants based on their professional
documents (cover letter and resume).
- Please visit the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) in Reid Gym
for help with these documents. We will use the CCPD's Professional Handbook as our rubric for grading.
Individual Interviews: Begin Monday, November 1st
- Individual interviews, where qualifying applicants will be interviewed and asked questions
specific to the job they applied for.